Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I have a little news to share...

Note: this post should have been posted weeks ago!! I wrote it back in August and have been slack about getting the blog back up and running. Enjoy!

Most of you already know this, but I'm pregnant!!! Adam and I could not be more excited. By the time I actually post this, I'll be safely in my 2nd Trimester. The due date is April 20. Today I am 4 Weeks, 1 Day pregnant. Here's the story of how I found out:

Monday, August 10:
Something was up. I just knew it. I spent all day wondering "is this really it or is mother nature pulling a really mean trick on me"? I spent all day at work pondering this and fretting over every little ache/pain/feeling that went on in my body that day. On the way home from work, I picked up a pack of First Response Early Response pregnancy tests. When I got home, I took the test and sat there staring at it with my heart racing 1,000,000 beats per minute. Finally I thought I was seeing a TINY faint pink line. Could it be? Was I hallucinating? Was it just the shadow of the darker test line? I brought it in the kitchen under brighter lights and if you held it just so, you could see a tiny line.

I got Adam to come look and he was very skeptical. He didn't think it was a line. I tried telling him "a line is a line" but he wasn't buying it. I also tried taking a picture (which I will post below) but it just didn't come out very clearly either. So I went to bed, heart still racing, not able to sleep a wink. I woke up around 4 AM feeling like it was Christmas morning. I went into the bathroom to take the other test and nothing showed up. My heart sank, I was so let down. Month after month seeing those negatives just does something to you. I tried not to be too sad - I figured "well I can at least drink some fruity drinks and have lots of seafood at the beach next week" (Adam and I had a vacation planned the following week to Pawley's Island). Here is the test with a line only a mother can see (hehe). Don't worry if you can't see it, nobody else could either!



I just couldn't shake the image of that faint line from the night before. I decided, to put my mind at ease, I'd buy a digital test on my way to work Tuesday morning. I got into work and immediately went to test. I sat there - heart racing again - just waiting. I had fully prepared myself for the words "Not Pregnant". I just needed to see it. After a couple of minutes the most glorious word popped up on the screen!!! I almost screamed! I am glad I didn't because I am sure I would have scared the lady in there! Here's a picture of the glorious positive test!



I walked outside to call Adam and tell him. No way could I go all day without telling him! He was so excited to hear the news. I was just overwhelmed, shocked, excited. What a roller coaster of emotions from the past two days!! I spent the whole day at work just trying to concentrate (which was so hard) and also to not fall asleep.

Tuesday night I slept like a baby. Went to bed around 9:45 and woke up at 7. I still feel like I could crawl into bed. I am a little achy all over, have a slight headache, and am slightly crampy. These are all normal signs, thank God. I'm trying to remain calm and just think positive right now. It's hard to get too excited after what we went through in Feb. 08, but I have a really good feeling about this one!

Until next week...

1 comment: