Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I love to cook!

Ok so many of you have probably figured out I love to cook. I also LOVE veggies! I like them in all shapes forms and varieties. The other day I made a zero point (I'm on Weight Watchers) salad consisting of steamed fresh asparagus with grape tomatoes tossed in a balsamic vinegar, garlic and OJ blend. It was yummy! It was also beautiful! When you cook asparagus just right, it gets the most vibrant green color - that mixed with the red tomatoes made for a purty picture, hehe.

Photobucket




Tonight I made up my own recipe. I tossed some vidalia onions, portobello mushrooms and zucchini in the skillet with some EVOO. Then I stacked them up along with some fresh tomatoes and topped them with some part skim mozzarella cheese and broiled it in the oven. I'll call them...."portobello stackers" - original, I know! :o) They were REALLY good too, I gobbled them up.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment