Thursday, February 28, 2008

With great sadness...

The worst thing you want to hear when you are pregnant is "there is no heart beat". Well, that happened to us today. I had some concerns this morning and went into the doctor's office for an ultrasound. I knew by the look on the technician's face that something was wrong. We've both got a whole mixture of emotions going on now - shock, disbelief, sadness, anger, worry, anxiety. We found out we were pregnant on December 28, and in two short months we grew to love this little human more than anything in the world. I just have to tell myself that God did this for a reason. I can wonder and worry all I want, but the bottom line is that this was just not meant to be. Thankfully I know I am capable of getting pregnant, so hopefully in a few months we can begin trying again and the next time it'll stick. Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers during this time. It's a sad, helpless, and empty feeling. The love and support of our friends and family has already been overwhelming, so thank you all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment